Warning! Never perform maintance on a tree that is plugged in!
Fiber Optic Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is included in my package?
A. Your package will include a fiber optic tree, a base, a UL power adapter and a halogen replacement light bulb.
Q. How do properly assemble my fiber optic tree?
A. Unpack the tree and place it on a flat surface, so that the air vents are not blocked. Carefully place the tree with center pole into the hole in the base. Shape the tree. Plug in the tree using the power adapter included and then turn on the tree on with the on switch on the base.
Q. How do I turn on the tree?
A. The tree comes with a power adapter. Plug one end into the tree base and the other into the wall. Turn on the tree with the switch on the base.
Q. How do fiber optic trees work?
A. Fiber Optic trees have fine clear fibers inside the artificial pine needles that reflect the light projected from within the base. A color wheel above the bulb turns inside the base causing the colors to change gradually.
Q. How do I make my fiber optic tree look as good as the one in the picture?
A. Turn off the tree and carefully separate all the branch tips. To achieve maximum fullness, tips should not touch one another. Repeat the process over the entire tree. Once completed, tree should appear full and consistent (Some additional adjustments may need to be made to fill any remaining gaps).
Q. Can I decorate my fiber optic tree?
A. You may decorate the fiber optic tree with lightweight ornaments because the tree branches are not strong enough to support weighted objects. All ornaments and materials should be non-metallic and flame retardant.
Q. What do I do if my fiber optic tree fails to light?
A. Check or do the following things:
- Check the power
- Be sure that all plugs are securely connected.
- Locate the problem bulb in the base and push it back into it's socket or replace it with your spare bulb.
A. A 5 amp or above rated extension cord
Q. My bulb is not working?
A. If you have power, but no light, your bulb may be loose or burned out. First, check to see if the bulb is properly seated in its socket (unplug the tree and open the base to locate the bulb). The bulb may have come loose when being distributed to the stores. Because the bulb is halogen, do not touch it with your fingers. To secure the bulb, cover the bulb with protective material and gently push the bulb into place. The bulb may be damaged or burned out. If bulb is damaged or burned out, replace it with the spare halogen bulb provided with your product package. Again, to secure the bulb, cover the bulb with protective material and gently push the bulb into place.
Q. Why can't I touch the bulb with my fingers?
A. The oils from your fingers can cause halogen bulbs to burn unevenly, which can limit the lifespan of your bulb or cause it to explode. Always use a protective covering such as tissue when handling the bulbs.
Q. Can I leave my tree on overnight or when I am away?
A. It is not recommended to leave fiber optic trees on for extended hours or leave it unattended. Limit the use to 8 hours at a time and always be present during operation should the tree overheat. Never go to sleep and leave a fiber optic tree in operation.
Q. Can I use my fiber optic tree outside?
A. No, the fiber optic tree is for indoor use only.
Q. I am missing a part. How do obtain replacement parts?
A. Contact us at email@example.com
Q. My package did not come with instructions?
A. Use the following link to Download Instructions
Q. Can I trim the tree branches?
A. Yes. You may carefully trim the branches with the power disconnected only.
Q. How do I store my fiber optic tree?
A. Take the following steps to properly store your wreath for future use:
- Remove any ornaments or decorations.
- Remove the tree from the stand.
- Fold, and smooth branch tips to assist in re-packaging.
- Place the tree, base & power cord in a box and secure.
- Do not store in a damp area or in an area where the temperature exceeds 100 F.
Q. What kind of safety precautions will I take with my fiber optic tree?
A. Observe the following preventative measures to have a safe holiday season:
- Do not place the tree near gas or electric heaters, fireplaces, candles or other locations where fire hazards are presented.
- Do not use sharp hooks, nails or wire to secure the electrical parts of this product.
- Unplug the product when leaving the area, home or going to sleep.
- Do not cover the base of the product when the tree is in use.
- Keep this product away from children and pets. This is an electrical unit and is not a toy. Do not leave children and pets alone with any electrical product.
- Do not use the fiber optic tree outdoors or near water.
- Do not cover vents with tree skirts, pots, packing, rugs & etc.
- Do not use a high voltage converter.
- Keep cords away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use a damaged extension cord or plug.
- Do not touch a halogen bulb with your fingers or look directly into the light.
- Never use a high wattage bulb with this product. If you are unsure where to get a proper bulb contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use only the 12V2A power adapter provided.
Q. What is proposition 65?
A. The State of California's Proposition 65 requires that all products containing lead must carry a public disclosure to inform consumers of the presence of leaded material in the products they buy. This is required of any product that contains lead, even those that contain very small amounts.
Q. How do I protect myself from lead exposure?
A. Because the amount of lead in the product is so minimal, most states do not require a lead disclosure to be included on products such as artificial greens, but there is a small amount of lead contained in the material. If you wish to protect yourself from the lead content, the manufacturer recommends that you wear gloves and wash your hands after handling the products.