Warning! Never perform maintenance on a tree that is plugged in!
A pre-lit tree is a tree that comes with all the lights and wiring on it. The tree has been manufactured to be easy to use, but must be used as directed.
Your package will include the Pre-lit tree in three sections, a stand, tightening screws, spare fuses & light bulbs.
Turn off the tree and carefully separate all the branch tips. To achieve maximum fullness, tips should not touch one another. Repeat the process over the entire tree from the bottom up. Once completed, the tree should appear full and consistent (Some additional adjustments may needed to fill any remaining gaps).
Check or do the following things:
- Check the power.
- Be sure that all plugs are securely connected.
- Locate problem bulbs or loose bulbs, and push them back into their sockets.
- Check for any missing or broken bulbs and replace.
- Use replacement bulbs supplied with your Pre-lit tree or a 2.5-volt replacement bulb.
A 5 amp or above rated extension cord.
Plug the tree into the wall socket. If the tree is not illuminating, check the bulbs, fuses & wires.
Check your packaging. Depending on the model you have purchased you may sometimes use the product outdoors. Consult your original box label for information about indoor or outdoor use. If it states indoor use- do not use it outside.
You can decorate the Pre-lit tree with ornaments, tinsel, beads, etc…, but all ornaments and other decorating materials should be flame retardant.
Use the following link to download instructions: Download Instructions
Take the following steps to properly store your Pre-lit tree for future use:
- Remove any ornaments or decorations.
- Fold and smooth branch tips to assist in re-packaging.
- Place in box and secure.
- Do not store in a damp area, or in an area where the temperature exceeds 100 F.
Use a spray lubricant and twist the pole sections in opposite directions. This may require help from another person.
Observe the following preventative measures to have a safe holiday season:
- Do not place the tree near gas or electric heaters, fireplaces, candles or other locations where fire hazards are presented.
- Do not use sharp hooks, nails or wire to secure the electrical parts of this product.
- Unplug the product when leaving the area, home or going to sleep.
- Keep this product away from children and pets. This is an electrical unit and is not a toy. Do not leave children and pets alone with any electrical product.
- Do not use the Pre-lit tree outdoors unless directed.
- Do not use near water.
- Do not use a high voltage converter.
- Keep cords away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use a damaged extension cord or plug.
The State of California’s Proposition 65 requires that all products containing lead must carry a public disclosure to inform consumers of the presence of leaded material in the products they buy. This is required of any product that contains lead, even those that contain very small amounts.
Because the amount of lead in the product is so minimal, most states do not require a lead disclosure to be included on products such as artificial greens, but there is a small amount of lead contained in the material. If you wish to protect yourself from the lead content, the manufacturer recommends that you wear gloves and wash your hands after handling the products.